Ongoing programmes financed by the European funds
International Research Agendas
TEAM, TEAM-TECH (TEAM-TECH Core Facility, TEAM-TECH Core Facility PLUS), FIRST TEAM, POWROTY/REINTEGRATION, HOMING
In 2016 the Foundation started to implement five programmes: TEAM, TEAM-TECH, TEAM-TECH Core Facility, TEAM-TECH Core Facility PLUS (2017), FIRST TEAM, POWROTY/REINTEGRATION and HOMING financed by the European fund within the Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014–2020, Measure 4.4. Boosting human potential in R&D sector. The Foundation received over PLN 615 mln for implementing the programmes.
- TEAM Programme – financing for research teams headed by leading scientists
- TEAM-TECH Programme – financing for research teams headed by leading scientists carrying out R&D projects related to a new product or production process (technological or manufacturing) of significant importance for the economy; TEAM-TECH Core Facility and TEAM-TECH Core Facility PLUS – financing for research teams headed by leading scientists carrying out R&D projects related to designing and developing research services with the use of advanced research equipment.
- FIRST TEAM Programme – financing for first research teams headed by young doctors
- POWROTY/REINTEGRATION Programme – financing for projects designed as postdoctoral fellowships, carried out by young doctors (postdocs) returning to scientific research after a break
- HOMING Programme – financing for projects designed as postdoctoral fellowships, carried out by young doctors (postdocs) coming to Poland from abroad
The Foundation for Polish Science is implementing the SG OP Technical Assistance Project for the years 2017–2019 as part of the Smart Growth Operational Programme 2014–2020 co-financed from the funds of the European Regional Development Fund.
The project aims to provide the necessary support in the efforts undertaken by the Foundation for Polish Science with a view to carrying out projects within the SG OP 4th Priority Axis, Measure 4.3 “International Research Agendas” and Measure 4.4. “Increasing the Human Potential in the R&D sector”.
The funding received from the EU for the requirements of the project is PLN 17,941,560.
Implementation of structural funds by FNP: archived programmes
- TEAM Programme – projects carried out according to priorities included in IE OP by students, PhD students and postdocs in the best research teams in Poland
- International PhD Projects Programme (MPD) – projects implemented during doctoral studies within the international cooperation of scientific institutions
- VENTURES Programme – innovative projects that may serve the economy, ran by students, graduates and doctoral students
- WELCOME Programme – projects carried out according to priorities included in IE OP by outstanding scientists from abroad establishing research teams in Polish scientific institutions
- PARENT-BRIDGE Programme – grants for parents that facilitate their return to scientific research and for pregnant women conducting research
- HOMING PLUS Programme – grants for young scholars to encourage them to begin their research in Poland
2. Programmes financed by the European funds within the Measure 4.2 “Development of R&D system staff qualifications and improving the awareness of the role of science in economic growth” of the Human Capital Operational Programme
SKILLS Project – developing the skills of the research & development sector’s employees and PhD students in communication, interdisciplinary cooperation, and research projects management.
The SKILLS project encloses several trainings ran by the best specialists from Poland and abroad as well as the following programmes:
- MENTORING Programme – supporting young researchers in establishing contacts and mentor cooperation with experienced scientists from Poland and abroad
- MENTORING Programme – Coaching module – supporting young scholars in tackling professional challenges and moving forward with their scientific careers
- INTER Programme – developing skills to disseminate science
- IMPULS competition – promoting applied research and developing scientists’ skills related to the commercialization of research and development results
- Trainings Programme – improving reserachers’ work skills by completing an internship at a research performing organisation or a company abroad
- eNgage competition – developing researchers’ skills in science communication or presentation of research results for non-scientists
- Meetings initiated by the project’s participants – presenting the newest research directions, exchanging thoughts and experience, and integrating the scientific world
- Programme Officers Academy – improving the skills of grant and scholarship programmes’ management and tightening the cooperation among science managers in Poland.