Individual prize for eminent researchers for their outstanding achievements or discoveries. Regarded as the most prestigious of its kind in Poland
The FNP Prize is awarded since 1992. The prize honours renowned scientists for significant advancements and scientific discoveries which shift cognitive boundaries and open new perspectives for research, provide an exceptional contribution towards the advancement of our nation’s progress and culture as well as assure Poland a significant position for undertaking the most ambitious challenges of the modern world. Subject of the Prize may include clearly defined and confirmed scientific achievements which have in the recent period opened new perspectives for further research.
- Life Sciences,
- Chemical and Material Sciences,
- Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Sciences,
- Humanities and Social Sciences.
- The first stage includes submission of candidates for the Prize by renowned representatives of the scientific community selected by name by the Foundation’s Board and Council. The entry form must identify clearly the scope and significance of the candidate’s achievement for the Prize and the field to which they are to be assigned.
- As part of the contest’s second stage, the Foundation Board designates experts who evaluate the applications in terms of content (taking into account, quality, originality and significance of the candidate’s scientific achievements within the given field) as well as independent reviewers, who perform a comparative evaluation of the candidates’ achievement (as part of each of the four areas of science). The role of experts and reviewers are fulfilled by renowned Polish and foreign scientists, specialists within the given areas and disciplines. The Foundation’s Council undertakes the decision on selecting the Prize laureates on the basis of the above mentioned experts.
Nominations' deadline- 22nd January 2014.