Today, the Foundation for Polish Science is launching five new competitions, with a total of PLN 67 million offered to scientists for research and development projects. The deadline for submitting applications is 2 October 2017.
Grants for conducting research in Poland are being made available to scientists from across the globe with at least a PhD degree, representing all branches of science.
Young researchers may be awarded up to PLN 30 million under the ongoing FIRST TEAM programme. It offers three-year grants of up to PLN 2 million for founding their first research team. Financing may be awarded to internationally competitive R&D projects whose results will contribute considerably to solving significant social challenges. The grants may be implemented in research units, companies or science and industry consortia.
- More details are available on the programme website: FIRST TEAM
- If you have any questions, please contact dr Anna Raiter-Smiljanic, FIRST TEAM programme coordinator, tel. 22 311 84 42.
Scientists experienced in conducting research abroad who wish to carry out their work in Poland may benefit from “homecoming” grants of up to PLN 800,000 for two-year projects under the HOMING programme. A similar opportunity awaits researchers interested in returning to scientific work interrupted by, for instance, work in another sector of the economy or parental leave. They can apply for two-year grants worth about PLN 800,000 for postdoctoral internship projects under the POWROTY/REINTEGRATION programme. The Foundation has earmarked a total amount of PLN 12 million for funding the ongoing competitions under the HOMING and POWROTY/REINTEGRATION programmes. Projects under both programmes may be conducted in research units or companies.
- More details are available on the programme website: HOMING
- More details are available on the programme website: POWROTY/REINTEGRATION
- If you have any questions, please contact dr Monika Biłas-Henne, HOMING programme coordinator, tel. 22 845 95 17, or dr Joanna Rutkowska, POWROTY/REINTEGRATION programme coordinator, tel. 22 845 95 33.
Once again, the Foundation is launching competitions under programmes stimulating the use of the R&D equipment available in Poland. The purpose of the TEAM-TECH Core Facility and TEAM-TECH Core Facility PLUS programmes is to fund grants for research teams conducting projects intended to invent or develop a service using the available R&D equipment and, in the future, provide this service to business users or others, including other science and research institutions. The grants amount to about PLN 1.5 million–3.5 million awarded for projects lasting up to 36 months (or up to 18 months in the case of Core Facility PLUS). Projects may be conducted by scientific institutions as well as companies. The funds offered under the ongoing competition under both programmes total PLN 25 million.
- More details are available on the programme website: TEAM-TECH Core Facility
- More details are available on the programme website: TEAM-TECH Core Facility PLUS
- If you have any questions, please contact the programmes coordinator: dr inż. Dariusz Łukaszewski, tel. 22 311 84 25.
The deadline for submission of applications for the ongoing competitions under the FIRST TEAM, HOMING, POWROTY/REINTEGRATION and TEAM-TECH Core Facility and Core Facility PLUS programmes is 2 October 2017. All programmes are funded from the Smart Growth Operational Programme.
You are welcome to look at the schedule of competitions under other FNP programmes implemented as part of the Smart Growth Operational Programme:
Photo: dr Sebastian Glatt, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Małopolskie Centrum Biotechnologii, FIRST TEAM programme laureate, competition 1/2016, photo: OneHD