The Foundation for Polish Science (FNP) would like to invite scientists from Poland and abroad to an information meeting on the International Research Agendas programme, scheduled to take place on 8 September in the Foundation’s office in Warsaw.
The programme provides an opportunity to create research organisations in Poland (innovative centres of excellence), where outstanding scientists (irrespective of their nationality) would conduct quality research programmes and pursue R&D activities in order to solve a specific global scientific challenge. We would like to extend a warm welcome to scientists from Poland and abroad as well as to representatives of research institutions interested in pursuing international research agendas in Poland to an information meeting about the programme. During the meeting, we are going to present the programme, the opportunities and the application procedure in the next competition, as well as information on drafting, submission and evaluation of applications. The call for applications is scheduled for the beginning of September.
The meeting will be held in English. The number of participants is limited. In order to register, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The registration will close not later than September 6.
Those who are not able to participate in the meeting in person are encouraged to tune in to the event on the Foundation’s YouTube channel. The broadcast will begin at 10 a.m. During the meeting, online participants will be able to ask questions by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com. A recording will be available on YouTube immediately after the end of the meeting.
For more information on the International Research Agendas programme go to: http://www.fnp.org.pl/en/oferta/international-research-agendas-ira/
Information meeting on the International Research Agendas programme in Warsaw:
Date: 8 September 2016, 9.30 a.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Venue: Foundation for Polish Science, ul. I. Krasickiego 20/22, Warsaw.
- 9.30 a.m. – 10.00 a.m. Registration of participants / welcome coffee
- 10.00 a.m. – 10.15 a.m. Opening of the meeting – Prof. Maciej Żylicz, PhD habil., President of the Foundation
- 10.15 a.m. – 10.45 a.m. The Organisational Challenges and Benefits of Implementing Research Agendas – Michał Pietras, Director of the Programme Division, FNP
- 10.45 a.m. – 11.45 a.m. Workshop for applicants (part 1)
- How to properly implement the International Research Agendas programme: formal requirements vs. the ideal unit – Kinga Słomińska, Head of the International Research Agendas Section, FNP
- 11.45 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. Lunch
- 1.00 p.m. – 1.30 p.m. Workshop for applicants (part 2)
- How to apply and win – the application process and evaluation criteria – Maria Pawłowska, PhD, Programme Officer, FNP
- 1.30 p.m.– 2.30 p.m. Q&A (questions may be asked in Polish and English)
- 2.30 p.m. Conclusion of the meeting
For further information on the meeting, please contact:
- Maria Pawłowska, PhD, International Research Agendas Programme Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 22 311 84 30
- Judyta Węgrzyn, PhD, International Research Agendas Programme Assistant, email@example.com, tel.: 22 311 84 39
- Marta Michalska-Bugajska, Head of the Programme Promotion Section, firstname.lastname@example.org; tel. 22 845 95 36
The International Research Agendas programme is co-financed by the European Union within the framework of the Smart Growth Operational Programme (SG OP).