We are happy to inform you that all the candidates nominated in the second edition of the Poles With Verve poll in the Science and Medicine categories are FNP beneficiaries.
Congratulations to the winning researchers. They are:
in the Medicine category:
- Anna Czarnecka, MD PhD, physician and biotechnologist, beneficiary of the START programme and a conference grant from the FNP;
- Przemysław Juszczyński, PhD habil., haematologist, geneticist and molecular biologist, beneficiary of the START, KOLUMB and TEAM programmes;
- Magdalena Winiarska, PhD, medical biologist, beneficiary of the START programme and a conference grant, also a participant in a TEAM programme project headed by Prof. Jakub Gołąb.
in the Science category:
- Andrzej Dziembowski, PhD habil., molecular biologist, biochemist and geneticist, beneficiary of the START, KOLUMB, IDEAS FOR POLAND and TEAM programmes;
- Magdalena Król, PhD habil., whose field is experimental oncology, beneficiary of the START and PARENT-BRIDGE (support for pregnant researchers) programmes;
The online voting to select the finalists lasts until 7 September. The winners in each category will receive a prize – a grant of 50,000 zlotys to further their research activity. The aim of this poll organized by PKN Orlen is to reward people who have ideas, passion and perseverance and who create great things unknown to the wider public.
We encourage you to vote in the poll!