The publication “Science in times of transition. How EU-funded research is helping to protect us from global threats and take advantage of historic opportunites” will be launched soon. The publication will present scientific achievements supported by EU funds under the Intelligent Development Operational Programme, as part of Foundation for Polish Science programmes.
The Foundation for Polish Science publication will present the research findings of more than 30 scientists. The scholars’ perspective will be presented in the form of five thematic articles that address the following areas: COVID-19, new materials, energy and environment, quantum technologies, medical innovations.
What will you learn from the publication?
Article on COVID-19:
- what was the contribution of Polish scientists to the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic?
- to what extent can mRNA technology support the fight against other diseases?
- how were ethnic minorities and migrants affected by the pandemic?
Article on new materials:
- what materials of the future are being developed in International Research Agendas?
- what is the importance of new materials for information technology?
- what are nanodiamonds?
Article on energy and environment:
- what challenges does the EU face in the light of energy transition?
- what technologies are emerging in the light of the drive for efficient management of energy generation from renewable sources?
- where will fly ash be used?
Article on quantum technologies:
- who is developing collaboration with the 2022 Nobel Prize winners in physics?
- how do quantum technologies affect cybersecurity?
- how will quantum computers operate?
Article on medical innovations:
- in which direction are vision therapies heading?
- what research is being conducted by Polish scientists in the area of brain diseases?
- what are the latest methods for reducing excessive activity of the immune system?
The scientists presented in the pages of the Foundation for Polish Science publication include laureates or members of research teams conducting research in programmes coordinated by the Foundation, i.e. International Research Agendas, FIRST TEAM, HOMING, POWROTY, TEAM, TEAM-NET, TEAM-TECH (along with the Core Facility). Funding for the programmes comes from the Intelligent Development Operational Programme.
The publication “Science in times of transition. How EU-funded research is helping to protect us from global threats and take advantage of historic opportunites” is co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) of the Intelligent Development Operational Programme.