The objective of the Academy is to raise skills in management of grant and scholarship projects and to strengthen cooperation between programme officers in Poland.
The Programme Officers Academy is aimed at employees of the National Centre for Research and Development and the National Science Centre who are directly involved in realizing grant and scholarship programmes and academics and researchers residing in Poland and employed at the research units resided on the territory of Poland.
The Academy offers:
- Training sessions, seminars and workshops led by highly regarded experts from Poland and abroad
- International study trips and placements in leading institutions funding scientific research abroad.
Classes at the Academy take place in English.
The Academy programme comprises the following subject areas:
- Systems of evaluation and selection of projects
- Science and higher education and scientific policy in Poland and other countries
- Intellectual property, commercialisation of the results of scientific research and technology transfer
- Managing a grant programme
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Ethics in science
Participation in the Academy is free for participants. Within the SKILLS project costs of participation in the training sessions, seminars and workshops organised by the Foundation as well as international study trips and placements are covered (specifically accommodation, food and travel costs).
Conditions of participation in the Programme Officers Academy:
- Submission of an application containing: a CV and motivational level of the person applying for admittance to the Academy together with the written consent of the candidate’s home institution for his/her participation in the Academy.
- Participation in an interview with the selection committee at a time determined by the Foundation
- The application is submitted through an electronic registration form available on the Foundation website.
IMPORTANT! Registration code: AMP7 (should be written at the end of registration process)
CALL CLOSING DATE
Attention: No additional calls planned.
The partner institutions which the Foundation works together with in the Academy include: European Research Council Executive Agency; National Science Foundation (NSF); National Institutes of Health (NIH); National Endowment for the Humanities; Environmental Protection Agency – Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR); Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG); Research Council of Sweden; Research Council of Norway; Research Councils of UK; National Research Council – Swiss National Science Foundation; The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO); The Dutch Technology Foundation (STW); Science Foundation Ireland; Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation (TEKES); Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems (VINNOVA); Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (SSF); European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO); Max Planck Association; Austrian Science Fund (FWF); Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG); Volkswagen Foundation; Bosch Foundation; German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD); Center for Science & Research Management (ZWM Speyer; Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS).
In order to obtain a certificate of completion of the Programme Officers Academy, participants must complete at least four of the six subject modules and take part in at least one international study visit.
Files to download
- declaration - english version