To honour and promote the research of young scholars, of any nationality, who have made an outstanding contribution to the history of ideas or the history of medieval and modern philosophy up to 1939.
Post-doctoral scholars who have made an outstanding and documented contribution to the history of ideas or the history of medieval and modern philosophy up to 1939.
The fellowship will be awarded on a biennial basis. The amount of the grants is up to PLN 100 000.
Candidates are nominated.
The selection process is in two stages:
- In the first stage candidates for the Scholarship are nominated by referees chosen by the Jury.
- In the second stage the Jury asks the candidates to submit an academic CV and a description of their research plans for the next 12 months.
The Jury, if necessary, may consult external referees in selecting the winning candidate.
The scholarship will be awarded biennially.
The winner is selected by a committee made up of philosophers and intellectual historians:
- Dr Dmitri Levitin from the University of Oxford
- Sir Noel Malcolm from the University of Oxford
- Prof. Steven Nadler from the University of Wisconsin–Madison
- Prof. Dominik Perler from the Humboldt University of Berlin
- Prof. Bogdan Szlachta from Jagiellonian University
- Prof. Catherine Wilson from the University of York.
Head of FNP Awards and Stipends Section+48 22 845 95 32; 604 128 firstname.lastname@example.org
Files to download