- The website www.fnp.org.pl uses information stored by cookies
- Cookies are text files that are stored in the data terminal equipment of Service User and are intended to be used within the Service websites. Cookies typically contain the name of the website of origin, storage time on the data terminal equipment and a unique number. Cookies are transferred to the User as the first piece of information, immediately after entering the website. Moreover, they cannot be controlled from the level of the programming code.
- Entity, which imports cookies to the data terminal equipment of the Service User, able to access them, is The Foundation for Polish Science (FPS), with the office: Ul. Grażyny 11, 02-454 Warsaw, Poland.
- Cookies are used by the FPS as stated below:
- To customise the content of the Service’s website according to the User’s preferences and optimize the use of the website, in particular such files enable to recognize the Service User’s device in order to present the website suitably, according to their individual needs;
- To maintain the Service User’s session (after logging in) in order to avoid the need to type the login and password in on every subpage.
- Cookies are also used by the services quoted by our Service such as multimedia or social network sites;
- The Service uses two basic cookies’ files: session and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s terminal data equipment until the User logs off, leaves the website or the browser. Persistent cookies on the other hand, are stored on the terminal data equipment for a fixed period of time as given in the parameters of the cookies themselves or until they are removed by the User.
- The Service uses the following types of cookies:
- Essential cookies enable the use of the services available within the Service, e.g. authentication cookies necessary for these services within the Service that require authentication;
- Cookies used to ensure safety, e.g. those that detect any breach of authentication processes within the Service;
- Performance cookies, allowing for gathering information on the manner of use of the Service’s website;
- In many a case the software used for browsing the websites (internet browser) permits storing of the cookies on the User’s terminal data equipment by default. The Service Users may change the settings for cookies at any time. The settings may especially be altered so that the automatic handling of the cookies is blocked within the settings of the browser or that the storage of a cookie file on the Service User’s device is being accented each and every time. Detailed information on possibilities and ways the cookies may be handled is available in the software settings (browser).
- More information on cookies may be found in the “Help” section of the browser menu.