29 June 2018 is the deadline for outstanding scientists from Poland or abroad to submit their applications in the last open nationwide competition within the International Research Agendas (IRAP) programme (competition No 10/2018).
The International Research Agendas programme has been implemented by the FNP since November 2015 within of the Smart Growth Operational Programme (PO IR). The total amount committed to the IRAP scheme under PO IR is about EUR 126 million. The programme supports the creation of specialised, world-class research centres, where outstanding scientists (irrespective of their nationality) will conduct quality research programmes and pursue R&D activities in order to solve a specific global scientific challenge. Researchers representing all fields of science, including humanities and social sciences, are invited to apply. The subject scope of work done in the IRAP project should be included in the National Smart Specialisations list.
Applications in the IRAP competition can be made by outstanding scientists from Poland or abroad, who are willing to lead the project and manage the new research unit during the first years of its operation. Collaboration with a renowned scientific organisation from outside Poland is a necessary condition for applying. Each application submitted in the competition will be evaluated on formal and merit-based terms. After receiving a positive formal evaluation, the application will be passed on for the 3-stage merit-based evaluation, which takes place in three stages performed by international experts and reviewers.
The maximum amount which may be granted to an international research agenda within the programme is PLN 35 mln. Funding – a total of PLN 140 mln for the 10/2018 competition – may be granted until the end of December 2023.
For more information about the programme please see:
- PROGRAMME GUIDE and WEBSITE
- FILM about the IRAP programme
- PRESENTATION about the IRAP programme
- Information: humanities and social sciences are also included in Poland’s National Smart Specializations
If you’d like to talk to our team about the details of the IRAP scheme, please contact:
- Dr Maria Pawłowska, Programme Officer, tel.: +48 22 311 84 30, e-mail: email@example.com
- Dr Katarzyna Wybrańska, Programme Officer,: +48 22 845 95 47, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kinga Słomińska, Head of International Research Agendas Section, tel.: 22 845 95 46, e-mail: email@example.com