The Foundation has selected the finalists of the second INTER popularisation competition held as part of the SKILLS project*. Eligible candidates for this competition include PhD students and PhDs (up to 6 years from their degree), while its aim is to develop science popularisation skills in young researchers.
In the finals each of the researchers will have five minutes to present his or her interdisciplinary project. The finalists’ presentations will be evaluated by the competition jury which includes leading scientists and well-known popularisers of science in Poland: Prof. Maciej Żylicz, president of the FNP (who will be the Jury Chairman), Ilona Iłowiecka-Tańska, PhD, Patrycja Dołowy, PhD, Marcin Grynberg, PhD hab., Paweł Rutkowski, PhD (winner of the INTER 2012 competition and winner of the audience poll), and journalist Krzysztof Michalski.
The competition winners will receive prizes in the amount of 100,000 zlotys, including 20,000 zlotys as an individual stipend and 80,000 zlotys to carry out the winning research project. The audience gathered at the presentations will also choose their own favourite – the winner of the audience poll will receive a prize of 10,000 zlotys.
The finalists of the second INTER popularisation competition are:
- Michał Choptiany, MA, from the Faculty of Polish Studies at Jagiellonian University,
- Eliza Głodkowska-Mrówka, MD, from the First Faculty of Medicine at the Medical University of Warsaw,
- Jan Guzowski, PhD, from the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw,
- Konrad Juszczyk, PhD, from the Faculty of Modern Languages and Literature at Adam Mickiewicz University,
- Agnieszka Kaczor, PhD, from the Faculty of Pharmacy at the Medical University of Lublin,
- Katarzyna Kamińska, PhD, from the Military Institute of Medicine in Warsaw,
- Anna Orylska, MA, from the Faculty of Psychology at the University of Social Sciences and Humanities in Warsaw,
- Alicja Sielicka, PhD, from the Faculty of Medicine at the Medical University of Gdańsk,
- Joanna Sułkowska, PhD, from the Faculty of Chemistry at the University of Warsaw,
- Sławomir Wacewicz, PhD, from the Faculty of Languages at Nicolaus Copernicus University,
- Piotr Wasilewski, PhD, from the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw,
- Halina Waś, PhD, from the Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw,
- Remigiusz Worch, PhD, from the Institute of Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw.
You can watch the young scientists in contest on 18 October from 4:30 to 9:00 p.m. at the Zamoyski Palace, 1/2/4 Foksal Street in Warsaw.
The Citizens of Science initiative is the partner of the INTER 2013 finals.
The media patrons of the competition finals are Forum Akademickie, the Polish Press Agency’s Science in Poland service, and the studentnews.pl portal.
For information on participation in the competition’s finals, please contact Ms Marta Michalska-Bugajska, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The SKILLS project is co-financed with European Union funding from the European Social Fund
Photo: MA eng. Łukasz Nowak, winner of INTER 2012, photographed by: One HD