The Foundation has selected the 19 finalists of the third edition of the INTER science popularisation contest*, which aims to give young scholars the opportunity to develop their science popularisation skills. The contest is open to doctoral students from Polish research institutions, academic professionals with a doctorate (completed within the last 6 years) and graduates of doctoral studies (up to 12 months after completion of the degree).
The finalists of the third edition of the INTER popularisation competition are:
- Mgr inż. Krzysztof Bakuła of the Faculty of Geodesy and Cartography of Warsaw University of Technology
- Mgr Zofia Felicja Bielecka of the Military Institute of Medicine in Warsaw
- Dr Jakub Jernajczyk of the Faculty of Graphic Arts and Media Art of the Eugeniusz Geppert Academy of Art and Design in Wrocław
- Mgr Kamil Jurowski of the Faculty of Chemistry of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow
- Mgr Kornelia Kajda of the Faculty of History of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
- Dr Tomasz Kazana of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics of the University of Warsaw
- Dr Magdalena Kulma of the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
- Dr Dorota Lachowicz of the Academic Centre for Materials and Nanotechnology of AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow
- Dr Wiktor Lewandowski of the Faculty of Chemistry of the University of Warsaw
- Dr n. med. inż. Piotr Mrówka of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the Medical University of Warsaw
- Mgr inż. Katarzyna Nawrotek of the Faculty of Process and Environmental Engineering of Łódź University of Technology
- Dr Jan Paczesny of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
- Mgr Karol Perlejewski of the First Faculty of Medicine of the Medical University of Warsaw
- Mgr Jakub Piątkowski of the Faculty of Medicine of the Jagiellonian University Medical College
- Dr Karolina Piecyk of the Faculty of Chemistry of the University of Warsaw
- Mgr inż. Kacper Pilarczyk of the Faculty of Physics and Applied Computer Science of AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow
- Dr Błażej Scheibe of the NanoBioMedical Centre of Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
- Dr inż. Anna Zdziarska of the Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics of the Polish Academy of Sciences in Warsaw
- Mgr Marcin Ziemniak of the Faculty of Physics of the University of Warsaw
The popular science presentations of the young researchers can be seen on 22 November 2014 from 4.30 pm in the Jabłkowski Brother Department Store building at ul. Bracka 25, Warsaw (former Traffic Club, 3rd floor).
During the final, each of the scholars will have five minutes to present his/her interdisciplinary research project. The finalists’ presentations will be assessed by the competition award committee, which will comprise eminent scientists and renowned popularisers of science: Prof. Maciej Żylicz, FNP president and chair of the committee; dr Ilona Iłowiecka-Tańska (Copernicus Science Centre), dr Halina Waś (one of the winners of INTER 2013, Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology of the Polish Academy of Sciences), Dorota Romanowska of Newsweek Polska, Krzysztof Michalski of Polish Radio 1, and Edwin Bendyk of Polityka weekly.
The competition winners will receive prizes of 120,000 PLN (1st prize), 100,000 PLN (2nd prize), and 80,000 (3rd prize). Each prize has two parts – 80% is a subsidy for realisation of the presented research project, and 20% is individual support for the beneficiary. The award committee members may decide to award any prize to more than one person.The audience will also pick their favourite, with the winner of the audience vote receiving a prize of 10,000 PLN.
Please contact Marta Michalska-Bugajska (email: email@example.com, tel.: +48 604 128 182) with any enquiries regarding participating in the final.
*The competition is organised as part of the SKILLS FNP project co-financed by the European Union from funds from the European Social Fund.